March 1, 2009

First came the pink toes...

and then came the pink room!

Most of you know that I have been working on Emma's big girl room for a while now....a little bit at a time. I had no intentions on moving her anytime soon, but.....

I washed ALL of her crib bedding this past Saturday-bumper pad and all! I started the load in the morning, and by the time her nap rolled around at one, EVERYTHING was still soaked! I had no choice but to let her nap in the "pink room."

She got up a couple of times at first, but all in all, I was absolutely pleasantly surprised. She slept the whole time, and did so well! Honestly, I could not believe it!

Rob and I had errands to run that afternoon, so we went ahead and picked up side rails for her new bed. I knew that we would need them eventually. I put the side rails together that night, and wanted to see how she would do OVERNIGHT.

Rob and I were surprised once again...she slept just like she always does...all night long!

After one successful nap and one successful night, I felt like a move was in order for Miss Emma.

Her new room was far from finished, but I moved some of her nursery furniture into her new room, and for the most part, it is a fully functional big girl room.

I am not finished yet, but here are a few photos...

She had just woken up for the morning. She slept ALL night!


The curtains...
The walls and the headboard...the bed is from IKEA!

The dust ruffle....I made it myself! Thanks Juli!
Flower balls, hung from the ceiling....another pricey pottery barn item...I made these too!

The bedding...I bought the sheets first (weird I know)...it was ALL pieced together from Marshalls, TJMaxx, and Ross.
Emma's baby wreath...love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...