September 11, 2009

can you taste the rainbow?

I started with my gel colors. All six of them. You can find these at Hobby Lobby, but I already had most of mine.
My ammo was two cake mixes, water, oil, and 6 eggs. I LOVE this cake mix. I used it for my petit fours too.
Divide the cake mix into six different bowls. Mine were about 1.5 cups each. Then, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of coloring get to each bowl. Stir and the magic begins.
By this point, I was feeling like Rainbow Bright.
Pour the batter into 9 inch round cake pans. I used Baker's Joy to grease and flour. You don't have to use that, but you better use something or you will be cussing me.
Even my dishes were happy.
Yours can be too.
Excuse the gym shorts. I couldn't keep my maternity jeans up. Unless I wanted rainbow pants, I had to change.
I made the frosting too. Put a layer of frosting in between each layer and stack it up rainbow style.
You can check back for Emma's 3rd Birthday post to see the cake...by the slice of course!

1 comment:

Karen said...

i am definitly going to steal the idea! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...