April 2, 2010

road trip

We loaded the kids up and headed out of town for Easter. It was Carson's very first trip. You can see him in the reflection of the mirror :)
DSC_9534

Rob drove part of the way, and then I drove the rest. He worked (lovely, right?), while I drove.
DSC_9536

When we arrived, we were greeted by two feathery friends. Meet Donald and Daisy. Emma was in heaven.
DSC_9541

We dyed eggs. I have wonderful memories of dying eggs with my dad :)
DSC_9563

This was Emma's first "dye."
DSC_9566

She was a bit rough, to say the least...
DSC_9567

Thank goodness we were outside, and she was in an old t-shirt.
DSC_9569

My dad helped out too. Egg dying has kind of always been his "thing." One year, he died about four dozen eggs all by himself. I am not sure if he'll ever live that one down :)
DSC_9571

Emma got bitten by something the night before, so her eye was very swollen. If you think she looks a little funny, that's why.
DSC_9572

Here's some of our work, but we weren't done yet.
DSC_9578

I am pretty sure that quality control (a.k.a. Papa C.) didn't approve of Emma's egg dying strategy:) She was cracking eggs, dropping eggs, mixing dye, and making an enormous mess.
DSC_9582

I think she had fun, but next year I am hoping that she is a little less rough on the eggs.
DSC_9585

The egg hunt was planned next.
DSC_9591

Carson was in attendance...too bad he'll be enormous by next Easter :(
DSC_9594

But, for now he's little and I just love it.
DSC_9601

So sweet.
DSC_9603

I just kept shooting...
DSC_9605

And, I love this one.
DSC_9614

And the baby feet...my favorite!
DSC_9618

We had over 75 eggs to find, and Emma was stopping to eat the candy she found in each and every egg, so we had to call in the troops.
DSC_9620

I am pretty sure she would still be hunting and eating if we hadn't helped her out.
DSC_9626

She was the only one hunting. I can't wait until there's a little more competition...Lindy & Dill, I think it's your turn.
DSC_9632

Let's just say that the bunny Santa came.
DSC_9639

And, Emma was happy and spoiled rotten too.
DSC_9642

My grandparents made it Sunday afternoon and got to meet Carson.
DSC_9655

We love our Aunt Lindy...
DSC_9657

And our Aunt Ash too...
DSC_9659

Here's the sisters.
DSC_9660

And Mama C. and Papa with the munchkins.
DSC_9670

I am not sure if my mom loves her grandkids :)
DSC_9682

That was a joke by the way. We made it home late Sunday night. It was literally Emma's bedtime when we walked in the door. We enjoyed seeing everybody for the weekend. When Monday morning came, I was exhausted and I think Carson was too :)
DSC_9683

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww! great job with the easter blog! it was such a fun weekend. (praying that being by yourself the past few days have been okay) : ) lindsey

Unknown said...

Your dad gets all that egg dyeing from our Granny. She use to have dozens and dozens of eggs and she would get all the grandkids together and let us dye them. It's one of my favorite childhood memories :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...