May 17, 2010

where the green grass grows

We have greeted the warm weather here with open arms.
DSC_0346

Our sandbox has been busy...
DSC_0331

We've been hanging out in the backyard...
DSC_0356

Giggling...
DSC_0371

Playing in the fort...
DSC_0453

Walking barefoot in the grass. My sweet hubby has already succeeded in turning it into a lush, thick, green carpet, and it's only May.
DSC_0454

We've been tricycling and chalking, which wouldn't be complete without zebra and "sir raf." Thanks Papa!
DSC_0495

And growing....basil...yum, yum!
DSC_0494

This sweet little girl made me an herb garden for Mother's Day. She had a lot of help from her daddy of course.
DSC_0496

Here it is...I have enjoyed it so much! You will find me on the front porch clipping almost every night.
DSC_0493

And since we're talking green, here's chives...
DSC_0484

And mint...
DSC_0485

And dill...
DSC_0486

And italian parsley...
DSC_0488

And oregano...
DSC_0489

And rosemary...
DSC_0490

I have sage, thyme, and cilantro too. Now, I am waiting for this one to bloom. Emma's got beans growing in the kitchen. You know, how we did in first grade? With a ziploc baggy and a wet paper towel? I just planted tarragon this morning, and Emma planted zinnia seeds in a pot. I think we are doing pretty well in the growing department :) Although, now I want a garden...a real one with tomatoes and peppers and squash, and green beans, and cantaloupe...and...I think I might need Rob's help for that one...maybe next year?
DSC_0498

Here's my favorite thing that's growing at our house right now. He will be three months tomorrow. They grow so fast the first year. He sleeps through the night on occasion, but generally wakes around 4 or 5 am for a feeding. Somehow, I don't really mind. He naps four times a day and eats six times a day.
DSC_0333

He laughs now, which is just beautiful.
DSC_0461

And he has already attempted to roll over. He didn't get far, but nonetheless, he tried. I love my children and love to watch them grow. If only I could get them to grow a little slower.
DSC_0348

1 comment:

The Shavers Family said...

I love the herb garden they made for you, that is a super cute way to create one... now I want one!!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...