May 5, 2011

whatever it takes

if you'd like, you can come with me and peep into some random and wondering thoughts of my mind....

in an attempt to stay focused for more than 30 seconds, i think i'll use bullet points today.

  • i asked emma to help me do something the other day, and she replied with, "whatever it takes, mom." where do they get this stuff?
  • it has been a "whatever it takes" kind of week around here. i just can't seem to get it all together.
  • my kitchen floor could use a mopping about every .5 nanoseconds.
  • bro-bro eats more than i can keep up with. it is just plain exhausting.
  • bro-bro poops a lot too. i changed *THREE* dirty diapers yesterday before 2 pm. absolutely incredible.
  • between my kitchen floor, feeding the bro, and changing his business, i am certain i could hire some full-time help to focus only on those three tasks.
  • i pop bro-bro's hands when he throws food. he looked at me yesterday, just after i had whacked his little hands, and said, "pop," and smiled. heaven help me. welcome to the trials and tribulations of a 14 month old...
  • emma has claimed the very back of my car as her own. y'all know i'm type a, so i am always encouraging her to bring in her junk. i took a peek back there this morning, and you just wouldn't have believed....puzzle pieces, crayons, partly sucked on peppermints, trash for days, lollipop sticks, my little ponies, a tigger, old water bottles, and enough grease on the windows to fry a batch a chicken.
  • this whole merger thing has been a bit stressful. okay, i'm lying...really stressful.
  • rob and i were watching friday night lights the other night (it's our favorite show ever) and one of the scenes was filmed by the river at Southwest Texas, which is where we both went to college. it made me miss those days.
  • it made me want to throw rob in the car and head to the hill country for some river floating and relaxation....far far away from T-Mobile + AT&T
  • the only problem with that is that we would each have a turkey in the tube with us...goodbye relaxation!
  • and one of those turkeys would probably need a diaper change, just as soon as we hit the water.
  • i attempted to buy mother's day cards the other day. i went something like this..."carson, stop that....emma give that back to him....hang on guys, let me find one card...what are y'all doing?....don't eat off the floor..."
  • i left without any cards, but went out late last night without the turkeys to buy them.
  • i got home to sign and mail...no stamps.
  • so, if they are late, and they probably will be, i am sorry.
  • and the weather. what is up with all of the craziness? floods, tornados, droughts...i pray daily for all of those affected.
  • we have dogs barking at our house now 24/7. well, they aren't our dogs, but you get the drift. they are making me crazy.
  • i am two months behind on carson's monthly posts.... here's his 13 month update.
  • oh, and i just finished his 14 month update too.
here's a few pics from our Mother's Day tea. it was sweet and so fun to spend it with my memms.
    DSC_5269
    she even made me my very own photo holder. maybe i'll put a photo of the two of us in it. i just love all of her homemade goodness :)
    DSC_5265
I'll be back in a jiffy. I've got to tell y'all all about our trip to the circus and I've got a yummy kid-friendly recipe to share. It makes for a fun summer treat :)

cheers for cinco de mayo! and cheers for friday eve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...