January 30, 2010

The Baby Bump Diaries: Chapter 8


I am 37 weeks today, so full-term! Coco, this photo's for you...
DSC_8730
At 36 and a half weeks, I had my first "weekly" check up with my OB. Everything went well...I am a fingertip dilated with a "soft" cervix, but he didn't give me an effacement percentage.

I am personally not a believer of inducing early, that is just for the fun of it. So, we are officially waiting. Only the good Lord knows when this baby will arrive!

I will also tell you that I am not passing judgement on those of you who have chosen to induce early, it's just not for me. Emma was only 7 and a half pounds at birth, and she was full term. I just think that God gives us forty weeks for a reason, and I would prefer to not take home a five or six pound baby. We all know that no matter how miserable we are at the end of a pregnancy, new babies are far easier to take care of inside of the womb than out.

I am measuring exactly how I should, so my doctor said that I should expect a baby about the same size as Emma. He is not "big," which is something that I think all expectant mothers worry about. My doctor is also on call the weekend that I am due. Yay! Knowing that alone felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

So, there you have it. The update that I promised....I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

The Shavers Family said...

37 weeks already?!? I feel like it was just yesterday you told me you were pregnant. Wow. Do you feel this pregnancy went by faster than with Emma? Congratulations on looking wonderful and making it this far!!!

CoCo said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him. You look beautiful. Love Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...