February 6, 2010

The Baby Bump Diaries: Chapter 9

38 weeks and still growing...




DSC_8734

And here's the proof...

Emma: Mommy you like you have a ball in your belly
Me: Thanks, Memms!
Emma (still thinking): A beach ball
Me: Oh thanks!

DSC_8736

I guess "ball" wasn't quite big enough. It had to be a beach ball! She's such a stinker!

Oh, and before I forget, don't forget to vote. I am closing the polls very soon...




I had my weekly check up this past Tuesday. I am 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. We'll see if that changes over the next week...

Since this blog serves as my family scrapbook, I just wanted to mention a few things for my benefit. I do look back at Emma's original baby website (I have it on CD) from time to time to help me remember. And, since us girls seem to remember little to nothing about previous pregnancies...here we go.

Rob and I have been having this conversation a lot lately...

Me: I don't remember this symptom with Emma
Rob: I do. You had that...
Me: Are you sure? I really don't remember.
Rob: Yes, I'm sure.
Me: I leave the room feeling like I smoke crack on a regular basis....

That was joke by the way.

So, in an effort to help me remember, here are all of the things that I can recall from this pregnancy...

I am going to leave out the first four to five months when I feel like I am going to die, and move on to the rest of the pregnancy.

*headaches
*dizziness
*occasional blurred vision~don't freak out~it's from migraines, not high blood pressure
*stuffy nose
*bloody nose
*swelling of the hands and feet
*heartburn
*indigestion
*back pain
*sciatica
*tail bone pain~this one was new for me. I was miserable for a week. I couldn't sit or anything.
*trouble sleeping
*being SO tired
*leg cramps in the middle of the night
*forgetfulness or "pregnancy brain"
*spicy food seeming more spicy when I'm pregnant

That's all that I can think of now. I am sure there's more...

I am still amazed by how many symptoms can be pregnancy related. Aren't you?

The good news is that this will all be over soon, right? Over, yes, but replaced with a long list of postpartum issues.

I'll keep y'all posted...

1 comment:

CoCo said...

I wanna see baby Carson ASAP... Why do yall have to live so far away? I love you guys... Call your cousin back sometime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...