February 12, 2010

still here & The Baby Bump Diaries: Chapter 10

and still pregnant. I promise!

In case you missed Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, or Chapter 9.

This photo was taken of Emma and me, when I was around seven months pregnant. Trust me, I am a lot bigger now....my face and feet included.

IMG_0114_bw

I have been up since about 4 am, so Good Morning! I am supposed to be in line, in the freezing cold & rain, signing Emma up for preschool. This is nuts, I know. But, it's how they do it around here. My sweet hubby got up at 4:15 am to do this for me. He didn't want me to get sick right before delivery. I am so thankful!

My last doctor's appointment was this past Monday (I was 38 weeks and 2 days). My blood pressure was a little high. Not too high....just higher than my normal almost dead blood pressure of 100/60.

My doctor is out of town until this coming Tuesday night, so needless to say, I am not hoping for a baby over the weekend!

My next doctor's appointment is Wednesday (I will be 39 weeks and 4 days then).

I am feeling very anxious (imagine that!). We (especially ME) would appreciate your prayers over the next week or two. Excited just isn't the word. If you've ever had a baby before and display any resemblance to a type A personality, you should understand this. I will be excited after it's all over and

a. The delivery went as planned.
b. I am checked-out of the wretched hospital.
c. And most importantly, I am holding my baby, healthy and free of complications.

Our phones have been ringing off the wall...to the point that I can't return all of the phone calls. My husband does work for a cell phone company, but quite honestly, the ringing of the phones makes me crazy! It's a little ironic, right?

I guess I could return all of the calls, but that would leave me on the phone all day! This would be okay, except for that I have a really sweet three year old at home, that I am trying to spend time with before the big day. We have been busy making Valentine cards, complete with paint & glitter, going to Chick-fil-a, snuggling, and reading lots of stories. I love her so much!

I am doing my best to keep up with all of the phone calls. We appreciate all of your thoughts and well wishes! Just bear with me. We plan to have a quiet weekend at home, just the three of us...

I promise to keep you posted-to the best of my ability!

Thank you all for your wishes and prayers! We can't wait to introduce him to you!

3 comments:

LIH said...

I love the picture...it is so adorable!! I think you have the right idea...spending time with Emma and enjoying just her and returning phone calls later!! I will be thinking and praying for you and everyone for the next week or so! Call me when things start settling down (in the next month or so)! Y'all are such the perfect family and I can't wait to see pictures of Carson!! Luv Ya Girl!!

Karen said...

What a sweet husband to go stand in line for you!! Praying god you and looking forward to meeting Carson when he comes.

The Shavers Family said...

Lots of thoughts & prayers for you guys!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...