September 26, 2008

Emma's New Playset!

Rob and I decided that Emma's birthday present this year would be a playset. I did tons of research trying to find the best buy for our money, and we ended up with this one. Unfortunately there was definitely some assembly to be done! I started by labeling all of the wood. Then, Rob and I water sealed everything before beginning construction. It is difficult working on a major project like this with Miss Emma running around, so we stayed up until 1 am several nights in a row putting it together. I have to say that I was very pleased with the end result. It is just the right size for our backyard, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg! We just happened to finish it the night before her party, so the timing was perfect. I also bought Emma that lady bug sand box to go underneath. Of course I didn't fill it with sand (gross!), we used deer corn instead, and it seems to be working out just great! Here are a few photos...a few from the morning that she first got to play (9/20) and a few others from another day outside (9/26).




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...