November 7, 2010

keepin' it real

Rob went fishing this past weekend and left me home with this...
DSC_2396

Let's just say that I attempted to clean my house all week, with little success. Let me just share a small portion with you...

On Monday:
I got bathroom #1 clean, which was one item checked off of my list. While I was cleaning bathroom #2, Emma promptly went in and over-filled the sink in bathroom #2. Uncheck.

On Tuesday:
I cleaned bathroom #3. Check. She promptly went in and overflowed the toilet. Uncheck. Like, not just the water got a little high, like water, toilet paper, and pee on the floor. Like, I had to clean bathroom #3 again....and mop twice to get the water up.

On Wednesday:
Emma went into the same bathroom #3 and had an accident. Uncheck again. She peed all over the floor. If you guessed that I got to clean bathroom #3 again, you guessed right. I got to clean and mop again, with a bonus round of tee-tee laundry. In her defense, she did have jeans on, and I don't think she could get them off fast enough. But, really?

So, by Wednesday morning, my house looked a little like this...
DSC_2403

If I would have had a nickel for each and every cheerio on my kitchen floor, I would have been a millionaire. seriously.

Still cleaning. LOADS of laundry. TONS to do. Patience thinning. Terribly frustrated. And, the saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" came to mind, so I put Emma in here...
DSC_2408

And, somehow managed to finish cleaning my house and host bunco..without a hubby to help and without shorting out on Miss Emma, well sort of.

And for the record...

On Saturday:
Emma stopped up the toilet in bathroom #2. It didn't require a re-clean. Praise be to the heavens. You can now cue the "Hallelujah" chorus. But it did require a plunger, which on my list, ranks as one of the grossest things on the planet. With my hubby out of town, I got to do the honors.

I spent the entire week feeling like I was running in circles, on a wet floor.

Delightful.

Okay, well I have all sorts of blog entries in my head, including a craft and a recipe, so I'll be back again soon. promise.

xxoxxo,

Jenn

1 comment:

The Shavers Family said...

OMG, I couldn't help but laugh in recognition as I have been there, doll! Glad you all came through alive!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...