April 17, 2011

stuck like glue ::part 2::

we finished up our weekend at the beach.
DSC_4768

it was buddy's very first trip.
DSC_4750

here's our soul sister. she loves this song too. she loves it so much that i started calling her, "soul sister." it fits her just perfect. and to think that we were worried about a lack of nick names for our kids.
DSC_4751

the beach was fun.
DSC_4767

it's always fun.
DSC_4770

and the photos you bring home are the best.
DSC_4774

at least that's my favorite part.
DSC_4775

bro is still not walking...
DSC_4757

but we've been practicing.
DSC_4788

he's the fastest little crawler i've ever seen.
DSC_4783

i'm sure he's decided, "why walk when you get to do this?"
DSC_4763

soul sister could have stayed all day. i once knew a little girl who could dig in the sand all day. pure heaven.
DSC_4785

i packed a picnic on the beach for all of us.
DSC_4787

and bro-bro enjoyed his lunch...
DSC_4792

with his daddy :)
DSC_4793

we had a few moments like this...
DSC_4780

i quickly realized that we had one sleepy baby on our hands and no showers. fantastic. we had packed it all....shampoo, body wash, towel, change of clothes, and even the kitchen sink. just kidding. our plans to shower before dinner went out the window. can we say nightmare? hurricane ike (2008) still has it all shut down. leave it to me to find a boarded up beach house for sale with a shower head in the car port.

yes we all showered there and no we didn't get busted.

i bet you're just loving that visual.

post trespassing shower, we ended up at kemah boardwalk...
DSC_4802

it's always touristy, but fun.
DSC_4804

carson took his first ride on the carousel.
DSC_4825

and emma managed to find a reindeer to ride. she was in heaven.
DSC_4830

here's our attempt at a together pic...
DSC_4855

seafood was on the list for dinner...
DSC_4861

emma got a butterfly balloon animal and when the pink balloon popped, rob convinced her it was a ladybug.
DSC_4862

buddy got a blue bear...
DSC_4863

but was too tired to care.
DSC_4869

he did attempt to color though...
DSC_4870

soul sister likes this song too. maybe it's the ukulele that she likes so much? that fits her just perfect too.
DSC_4871

here's my favorite ukulele song. it's great for a fine day at the beach. here's hoping your weekend was filled with family fun.

4 comments:

Robin Myers said...

Jenn, you and Rob have two beautiful children! I had no doubt they would be beautiful because of who their parents and grandparents are! I love looking at the blog. Charlotte called me tonight and said I had to get on. I just got a new computer and have been trying to set things up with it. This was an addition I was proud to add. Your blog always picked me up and put a smile on my face each time I looked when I was at the paper... which made my day!! My best to you all and Happy Easter!

The Shavers Family said...

What a great weekend, Emily is also a huge fan of the pool/ocean and spending hours in the sand. :D

Jenn said...

Miss Robin! I didn't know you read :) Thank you for all of the sweet comments :) I am humbled to be able to put a smile on your face. We are just enjoying our two little turkeys. They are growing up too fast! I hope you enjoyed your Easter. My best to you and your family.

love,
jenn

Jenn said...

Amanda...too bad we don't live closer. The girls and soon to be boys could play! You look awesome...I've been following your blog :) hugs to you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...