May 1, 2011

elephants, tigers, and bears, oh my!

We started our evening at the circus with the elephants. They are truly amazing animals....
DSC_5199

And, then not thinking, I agreed to ride one with Miss Emma.
DSC_5187

Once we were aboard the elephant, the show, "Animals Gone Wild" went through my head. It was a bumpy ride...all I remember is telling Emma to hold on and with both hands!
DSC_5188

They are so sweet...
DSC_5194

And Miss Emma definitely enjoyed the show.
DSC_5196

I had no idea that the circus lasted *three* hours, so we were in for a bit of a surprise.
DSC_5131

There were tigers jumping through rings of fire...
DSC_5139

Miss Emma loves tigers.
DSC_5159

And, there were bears on bikes...
DSC_5167

Bears on balls...
DSC_5171

And bears on motorcycles...
DSC_5173

Miss Emma gave her "emma look" to all of the above. Even Rob and I were impressed.
DSC_5168

There was some cirque du soleil-like stuff too. Is it just us or does the circus have a major creep factor to y'all too? I always leave wondering all sorts of things....
DSC_5181

You should have seen Miss Emma's face...
DSC_5182

She just couldn't believe her eyes.
DSC_5185

To make the night even more special, our tickets were Christmas gifts from our sweet neighbors. What a wonderful gift for a family! Lots of fun and loads of memories for all of us! I had Miss Emma draw what she remembered from the circus, and then we wrote her very first thank you note together. I told her which letters to write, and she did the rest!
DSC_5218

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...