March 15, 2009

10K Bayou City Classic

My 10K race was yesterday! Juli came in from out of town to run it with me. I was SO glad that she came!

The weather had been HORRIBLE in Houston all week, so I was a little freaked out....freezing outside and rain to go along with it. I was truly chilled to the bone for most of the week. How were we going to run in this? I didn't help that it had been 80 degrees about a week ago...what kind of luck is this?

I prayed for no rain, and decided that I could deal with the cold. How could this be any worse than labor and delivery?

I trained hard and considering I couldn't even run a mile after Emma was born, I was very proud of my accomplishment....6.2 miles! We fought blisters on our feet, the cold, and the wind, but it was well worth it!

Here are some photos from the race. Rob and Emma were at the finish line to congratulate me....what a treat! Emma keeps telling me, "Mommy runs real fast" and "Mommy, you did it!" I was glad that she could be there to see it!

Once the times and professional photos are posted, I will add them later!

Juli coming into the finish line...

I am almost there....

Crossing the finish line...
We did it!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...