March 4, 2010

two weeks, too soon

Our first two weeks with Carson have just flown by. I'll admit that I'm a bit sad that he already seems to be growing so fast. He had his two week check up this past Monday and had gained a whole pound in one short week. I was amazed, with his new weight being 8 pounds, 12 ounces. Emma just loves him-a little too much sometimes. With the alternative being jealousy, I will definitely take her infatuation with her new little brother.
DSC_9133

Carson is so calm, and I think would prefer to be held perfectly still than swung, bounced, or rocked. We have struggled with sleep the last two nights. He started out a rock star and hasn't exactly stayed that way.
<span class=

On the flip side, he is still a wonderful baby and rarely cries. We have just been struggling with him going back to sleep after nursing during the night.
<span class=

I have jumped on Babywise today and am hoping that it helps tonight. Since he arrived, we have been swaddling him in The Miracle Blanket. Which, in my opinion worked, but maybe not anymore. As the photos prove, I think he prefers to sleep like a muscle man...with his arms out. The Miracle Blanket was preventing this, so I am going to try the swaddle sans arms tonight.
<span class=

Rob has been off all week, and we get to keep him around next week too! Our agenda has been pretty low key, just hanging around the house most of the time. I have enjoyed him being home so much. He is a wonderful hubby and father!
<span class=

Since Carson's arrival, I haven't cooked yet! Yipee! Dinner is by far the very best thing you can do for a new mom. We have been blessed with several neighbors and friends bringing us food, and Mama C. cooked us several things while she was here the first week too. So between all of our family and friends, we have been good to go in the food department...delightful!
<span class=

Thanks to all of our family and friends for all of the well wishes, phone calls, emails, dinners, and gifts. We are truly blessed and appreciate all of the love and support. Hopefully we all sleep better tonight...
<span class=

1 comment:

The Shavers Family said...

I love all the photos, he certainly looks like Emma when she was a newborn! :)

P.S. Emily wasn't swaddled more than about 5 minutes in the hospital as she, too needed to have both arms out and over her head. We never used the swaddle after her first day after birth. I hope leaving his arms out help you all get a good night's rest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...