June 17, 2011

laundry & mantras

I had a little thought this morning.

It was that if I could convince my family to run around naked today, all of our laundry would be done.

After I had that thought, I immediately thought that I was losing it.

oh heavens.

ALL of our laundry is done...the towels, the sheets, the lights, the darks, the cleaning towels, the beach towels and everything in between. I even washed my "hand wash only" dress.

Too bad it doesn't last.

And too bad, I am always behind on all of it.

And too bad, just when I think I have caught up, at least on the kids' stuff, Emma has a "once a year tee-tee accident" or somebody vomits.

Not only did I do our laundry, but I put it away too. Except for the pile of clothes in the bottom of my closet that need to be hung up. do y'all have that wretched pile too?

My little buddy hasn't been the best napper lately. No nap equals you get nothing done...especially blogging.

So, don't be worried. I am here. Just attempting to exist without sanity time :)

Here's Carson's 15 month update if you're interested. I was late writing it, so it's been back-dated, but it's new :)

A friend told me that everything is a phase. For the past few weeks, I keep on reciting that mantra to myself...

everything is a phase...everything is a phase....everything is a phase...

that's how i get through the day.

geez...phases are tough. really tough.

heaven help me if he doesn't start napping soon.

and just for the record, when i started writing this post, my laundry really was done. really. but, i've been interrupted so many times by now, that my laundry really isn't done anymore.

we should have run around naked.

hope to be back soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...