June 18, 2011

My Little Boy Blue

You are sixteen months now, and everyday you seem to learn or say something new. Here's a look back at the past month...
DSC_5544

On 5.26.11, you took your very first steps! So, that made you 15 months and about one week old for that big walking milestone. Just like I thought, in a matter of minutes, your first steps turned into making laps around the house. I guess you've been busy just perfecting and practicing.
DSC_5535

You love your sister "memma" so, so much.
DSC_5536

She loves to play with you...
DSC_5543

But, we still do have our share of mishaps.
DSC_5540

You are sweet, but honestly, your naps have been a nightmare. No napping has meant no blogging for your momma. We did switch to one nap....again. You have an early lunch around 11 am, and I put you down at 11:15 or 11:30. Then, I pray that you sleep longer than forty five minutes. seriously.
DSC_5538

Maybe we are making some strides, because yesterday, you slept two hours and forty five minutes...which is why I got to write this post. Nap was from 11:15 to 2, but I am not telling you this, because if I did, it would probably totally jinx it.
DSC_5542

You like to put your little hand up to your ear now and say, "hello."
DSC_5552

And, you love to play with sister's baby dolls...you say, "bebe."
DSC_5554

We aren't too worried about you liking baby dolls. You love to grill on the play kitchen too.
DSC_5555

If you could touch everything that was "up high," you would be on cloud 9. And, you love it when I help you do a somersault.
DSC_5560

You like to knock the big block tower over too.
DSC_5562

You have a new high pitch scream/cry. It does wonders for my sanity. And, you needed a haircut terribly, so I took both of y'all.
DSC_5570

A couple of weeks ago you had some sort of viral sore throat that came complete with little mouth ulcers. You cried all day for an entire week, and I thought I just might lose it. Mouth ulcers+your wonderful napping routine=more than a few heaven help me moments.
DSC_5584

You have the best little laugh in the entire world. And when I tease you with your paci, you laugh so, so hard. Mama C. was with us for most of the week, so she helped me wrangle the two of you for haircuts.
DSC_5589

If you look closely, you can see her peeking around the corner :)
DSC_5590

Duck-duck is by far your favorite word. You have a tiny little book with a duck-duck on it, and it is your favorite. You carry it around so proud, walking, and saying, "duck-duck."
DSC_5592

So I marked 6.8.11 as your very first haircut. I think you were super over due...
DSC_5593

But I have this thing with keeping those baby curls.
DSC_5596

I've only cut your little bangs a few times, so this was the first official chop, chop.
DSC_5599

Here's the after...
DSC_5600

And here's a shot of the back...
DSC_5601

Sister got a haircut too.
DSC_5607

She loved getting it cut and enjoyed her time in the little yellow car too.
DSC_5609

Mama C. stole a kiss. We were so glad to have her for a visit.
DSC_5610

And you were cracking up at yourself in the mirror...waving & waving.
DSC_5615

And waving some more.
DSC_5616

All done!
DSC_5618

And oh so pretty handsome.
DSC_5620

We took the obligatory mommy & me. I have one with Emma on her first haircut...just trying to keep it equal. wink. wink.
DSC_5628

No 15 month check-up stats to report. I need to bust a move. I guess that's the whole 2nd child thing working in your favor...

I know you're healthy, and a check up just means exposure to sick kids + shots.

To our little bro-bro,

Just know that you are so, so loved and watching you grow has been the best. You have the prettiest blue eyes, and I honestly think I could just eat you with a spoon :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...