November 18, 2011

::Weekend Recap:: On the Up & Up and North Pole Breakfast

I'm happy to report that the Douglas House is finally on the up & up. You have no idea how good a stomach bug & pneumonia free house feels. The past several weekends we spent sick, so with all of us being well for this one, I decided it was time to celebrate...
DSC_7236

There is nothing that makes this little girl any happier than decorating her tree.
DSC_7230

So, I know it's early, but a little joy a little early certainly won't hurt.
DSC_7231

It was a family affair.
DSC_7233

When the kiddos woke up on Saturday morning, they found this...
DSC_7277

The elf was back! If you look really close, you can see that he dropped marshmallows along the way.
DSC_7247
I wish I could take credit for this super fun idea, but I can't. I totally copied my "blogger friend" here. It seemed too fun not to copy, don't ya think?
DSC_7243

We've done the "elf" thing for several years now, but we didn't have the book, so I broke down and headed to Hallmark to buy it. I decided if we were going to do this tradition, we needed the book and all.
DSC_7248

Our elf wrote Miss Emma a letter...
DSC_7258

And wrote Carson one too...
DSC_7257

And to make it even happier, he brought breakfast!
DSC_7255

Snow covered donuts and floating glacier hot cocoa...
DSC_7261

Emma loves hot cocoa!
DSC_7264

Our elf sent each of the littles a pair of socks too. You know it's awfully cold at the North Pole. Since you can't touch the magic elf, he sent along an elf for each of the kiddos to play with. Emma got a little girl elf, and Carson got a little boy elf....elfmates :)
DSC_7259

We had a happy morning...
DSC_7266

Carson was happy too! Thank goodness he's a well baby.
DSC_7268

It was a whole lotta sugar for breakfast!
DSC_7274

More marshmallows!
DSC_7275

Since he's feeling better, he's become quite the family clown. It's so nice to have a baby that's laughing, playing, and asking to "eat, eat."
DSC_7283

After breakfast, they put on their North Pole socks, gathered up their elves, and we headed out to find the geese.
DSC_7287

They land by the 100's in the fields around here. I guess it's a migration pit stop? Not really sure, but it's fun to watch.
DSC_7288

Later that day Emma had a birthday party at an inflatable zone. It was so fun! I even joined in...which was quite the workout.

We got the rest of our Christmas stuff out too. So, we just have the outside and the tree left. Just. geez.

Oh well....we managed to shampoo our carpets too, which is the best. feeling. ever. I love clean floors.

I was so thankful for my children being well this weekend. Weekends can be so fun when your hubby & kiddos aren't sick.

Cheers to Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Ashley Cleveland said...

So precious -- you are such a fun, creative mama!! You're kiddos are blessed to have you. Happy Thanksgiving! We need to talk soon...We are in McKinney now. When are you moving out to these parts?

Jenn said...

Ash...Thanks for the sweet note! I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I can't believe you're in McKinney! Our house is still on the market....praying for something to happen soon. Call me when you can :)

Jessica said...

Jenn!!! So super cute! Your littles are just precious - love those sweet close-up pics! And how stinkin' cute is the marshmallow trail - I'll be borrowing that idea very soon...hmmm, maybe even tonight since I think our elves had almost forgotten to find a new spot - :O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...