February 18, 2012

Bro's Birthday Bash ::part one::

My favorite little guy turned two! And, I just can't believe my eyes. His real birthday fell on a Saturday morning, which was just perfect, because we could all spend the day together.
DSC_8096

We started the morning off with a trip to the donut shop in the pouring down rain :) We brought bro home his blueberry donut and the festivities began... He moves his little hands around when we sing...swoon.
DSC_8097

And always claps at the end....yay!
DSC_8101

So, so yummy!
DSC_8104

We went pretty low key for his birthday this year and opted to not have the big party. We did that last year and alternating the big and small parties seems pretty fitting to me. So, it was just the four of us. There are some really weird shadows happening in the photo. It looks like I have an iron burn across my face...I don't!
DSC_8112

After breakfast, we hung out at home, read some books, watched some barney & the wiggles, and headed to chick-fil-a for lunch. The kids had their usual, followed by playtime & ice cream. Nap time was next on the list for the birthday boy. So, while he was sleeping, Chef Emma helped me whip up a giant cookie from scratch and homemade vanilla ice cream.
DSC_8118

Then, we decorated the cookie with blue frosting. Carson's favorite color is blue :)
DSC_8124

I'll be back soon with part two!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...