February 18, 2012

T-W-O

You're my little boy blue and I love you so...
DSC_8143

I took these rain boot photos of you on your real birthday. I can't believe it's been two years since I met you for the very first time. My, what a special day that was. Part of me feels like it was yesterday, but another part feels like we've had you forever.
DSC_8189

And, as I'm looking back through them, I just realized that I could just eat you with a spoon :)
DSC_8131

Your favorite color is blue now. It's funny that Emma & I picked that color out for you when you were "zero," as she calls it. You will only color with a blue crayon, want blue EVERYTHING (clothes, pj's toys, cups, plates, oh my), and will find the tiniest smidge of blue in just about anything.
DSC_8132

You love your new dump truck.
DSC_8144

And your coordination is pretty amazing. You run fast. You climb like a champ. And, you can get up and down our stairs like you've been doing it for 20 years.
DSC_8146

You still love to push things.
DSC_8155

And, your vocabulary has exploded!
DSC_8172

You love grapes, cashews, cheese, milk, yogurt, chick-fil-a, eggs, dried cherries, strawberries, and ice cream. I am pretty sure you would choose to survive via the dairy and fruit food group only, but of course, I don't let you.
DSC_8195

You love the park with all of your heart and are happiest either playing outside, reading a book, singing songs, dancing, or watching Barney. My goodness do you love that purple dinosaur. You can sing and do all of the motions to "if you're happy & you know it." And you love "the itsy bitsy spider."
DSC_8198

You listen really well...cue the hallelujah chorus please. You love your sister so much. And, she loves you back just the same. She takes really good care of you, which is so, so nice. You do really well with a little bit of independence. You actually stay "with us" if you aren't constrained, which is just mind boggling to me.
DSC_8209

And, you love to ride the carousel too.
DSC_7971

Sometimes when Emma's at school, we have breakfast together, just me and you.
DSC_7999

I love to have you all to myself. Time with just one little one is oh so treasured. Oh, and by the way, your spoon skills are much improved :)
DSC_8000

So proud! And your laugh just kills me. And, yes, you chipped a tooth, just before your birthday. I was devastated, but have no clue how or when it happened. No mouth injury, no fall, nothing. oh well.
DSC_8010

You love to play peek a boo...
DSC_8086

And oh my goodness do you love to read now.
DSC_8089

Your favorites are "cake book," "goodnight moon," and "the big red barn."
DSC_8091

Now for the boring stuff...

As far as clothes go, I would go with a 2T, but some of your 18-24 still fit. You're in a size 5 diaper and a size 6.5 shoe. You love to name your colors...especially blue! You've been sleeping like a champ lately. You usually wake up around 7:30 am, nap from 1 to 4, and bedtime is around 7:30 at night. You sleep with a real pillow in your bed now and a blanket, but we are still using a sleep sack. You love all of your stuffed animals, especially Baxter, Spot, and Blue :) And, you still sleep with three pacis (or ba's...as you call them.)

Before I call it a night, I want you to know that...

Time really does fly by. You grew so fast, but were loved every minute along the way.

I love to rock you just before you go to sleep at night. You lay your head down on my chest, and you're just so sweet.

It's my favorite time of the day.

When we rock, and I wish I could just freeze time.

You love your daddy a ton and you love your Emma too. You give her a hug every night just before you go to sleep.

And, when you're excited, you shout, "YAY!" Daddy's coming home..."YAY!" Ice cream..."YAY!"

You're so fun and so sweet and I wish you the best 2nd birthday ever.

To my little boy blue...we love you dude!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...