November 11, 2008

My trip to Walgreens and CVS....saving $$$$$$!!!!

What I bought at Walgreens....
Cereal-4 for $10...had 4 $1 off coupons
Pumpkin-Used Walgreens coupon for .99 each....printed another coupon off of the web for buy 1 get one free
Batteries-Used Walgreens coupon for .99 each (regularly 3.99 each)
Contact Solution-on sale for 8.49...had mfg. coupon for 3.50 off
He accidently gave me an additonal $3 off...long story!!
So, I owed 11.24, used a walgreens giftcard (that was FREE) for 1.65, bringing my bottom line to $9.59. I also got an additional $2 to use towards my next purchase.

What I bought at CVS...
So for the above photo....I spent ZERO dollars!!! How fun is this???
Colgate Toothpaste-buy 1 get 1 free...I had 2 mfg. coupons for .75 and .50
Crest Toothpaste-on sale for 3.49...I had $1 off and got 3.49 to use on my next visit
Glade Air Freshener-on sale for .99...I had buy 1 get one free
Froot Loops-on sale for 2 for $4...I had $1 off coupon
Then, I had $5 off in ECB (extra care bucks) from a previous purchase

At the end of the transaction, I owed a whopping 92 cents. I paid for this with a CVS gift card...this was free also!! I also have 3.49 to go towards my next trip!

All in all, at both stores, I spent $9.59, and got 5.49 to use next time. So, I really spent a whole $4!!! This is amazing, and I am definitely addicted!! We have wasted SO much money!!

If you want to "play," you can start by going to www.iheartwags.com and www.i heartcvs.com

Both of the websites should guide you through the path of saving money. I have been doing this for a few weeks now, I am in complete amazement at how all of this works! Both stores print a monthly ad, which you will need to pick up at the store. Then, I just use the weekly ad that comes in the Sunday paper. Those two things, combined with my normal coupons, and of course checking the above websites help me out along the way. Confused??? It will start to make more sense soon!

I was also told that you can also register on both of the store's websites with your email address, and they will send you additional coupons...like $5 off a $25 purchase. I am headed there next! Good Luck saving money!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Jenn, god love you. I myself am addicted...I wanted to say that I saved $27 at tom thumb on Tuesday thanks to gg...and I am going to cvs and walgreens in the morning. But I have to say, you missed the free bottle of smart water at cvs! love,steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...