July 10, 2010

four months old

And, I love him to pieces! I can't believe how fast his first year is just flying by. I find myself wondering if it's even possible to slow things down :) As I look back at his fourth month, here are the highlights...

We maintained the three hour schedule for most all of his fourth month, with feedings at 7 am, 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, around 6 or 7 pm, and 10 pm, naps at 8:30 am, 11:30 am, 2:30 pm, and one cat nap around 5pm. He's still sleeping all night, but does wake up for his paci and has to be swaddled. Please don't judge :) Because of the paci replacing, we are still sleeping upstairs...
DSC_1015

Towards the end of the month, I did notice that he was in need of more "awake" time, so I was beginning to think about working towards a three and a half hour schedule. Note to self, that I should have done this sooner :) He is usually all smiles and has kept his baby blues, which are just beautiful!
DSC_0976

I've discovered that he is truly a "paci" baby and wants nothing to do with sucking his thumb or fingers. It's so interesting to me how different siblings can be.
DSC_0960

We are working on tummy time, although his head is proof that he hates it. It is flat, and as usual, I am worried.
DSC_0995

I was anticipating him rolling, sometime this month. Emma rolled at four and a half months, so I was patiently waiting....
DSC_0988

Carson did find his feet this month, which is always a fun milestone. Now, he has two toys with him at all times :) And, he did finally decide to roll (from his back to his tummy) on July 17th, the day before his five month birthday. I guess he wanted to squeeze the rolling milestone somewhere into his fourth month. Well, he waited until the very last possible moment. Kind of humorous, don't you think? Has the sibling competition already begun?
DSC_0975
He is so much fun to hang out with, and I love making him laugh. I think a baby's laugh is quite possibly the sweetest sound in the entire world. Don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow you guys make the prettiest babies! I LOVE the first picture on this post. He is the sweetest! If you remember, when you order them.... I want that one for our house! I need more pictures of your kiddos : )

aunt lindy

LIH said...

Your kids are so precious and just gorgeous/handsome! Glad to hear things are going great for you! I can just imagine how much fun your household is...I'm jealous!! :) Miss you girl and we'll have to catch up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...