August 25, 2010

Oh Mr. Sun...

Thanks for cutting us a break!
DSC_1323

It has been so hot here that our time outside has been few and far between.
DSC_1328

Buddy gets so hot so quickly, but we were all able to enjoy the pool today. DSC_1327

Buddy enjoyed playing with his boats.
DSC_1342

As long as it's not too hot, and the sun's not in his eyes, Buddy loves the water.
DSC_1331

Sister enjoyed playing with him too.
DSC_1336

Lucy became a "neighborhood"dog again, about a month ago. So if you live in the neighborhood, please accept our apologies. Miss E unplugged the electric fence, which allowed Miss L to escape. Miss L tore through the wiring that surrounded our backyard, so the electric fence no longer works. We have attempted to splice the wiring numerous times, but no success yet. The next alternative is to replace the entire circuit surrounding the backyard. Digging up the perimeter of the backyard in August to re-bury the wire sounds oh so appealing, doesn't it?
DSC_1346

Miss E enjoyed some of the goodies from our strawberry picking...strawberry lemonade popsicles.
DSC_1353

Yum
DSC_1354

O!
DSC_1363

And Buddy was chill, as usual.
DSC_1368

I just love his feet :)
DSC_1372

His cry is pitiful...
DSC_1373

But, he usually cheers right back up.
DSC_1393

Here's my favorite of Sister...
DSC_1364

And here's my favorite of Buddy...
DSC_1395

Well, that was Wednesday. So, for Thursday, it's always Chick-fil-a for us. That was the plan, but our friends canceled, so I went to search for new plans. We ended up with some good friends and a plan to meet at the park for a picnic.

Just to get out the door....

I got everyone dressed.
Woke Carson from his nap.
Nursed Carson.
Changed Carson.
Packed a sippy cup, baby food, spoon, and bib for Carson.
Loaded everyone in the car.
Drove to CFA.
Ordered lunch.
Drove to the park.
It was going to be fun...

I dumped my 32 oz. coke zero on Carson, while he was in the stroller.
The lid came off.
He was covered.
Blew it off.
I told y'all that I was trying to roll....
300 baby wipes later, we were okay.
Then, Emma tee-teed.
Um...we haven't had an accident in over a year.
So, she was covered in pee.
I borrowed panties from a friend....
Emma stripped down to panties a her t-shirt in the car.
We headed home, where I proceeded to bath both kids before naps.
Then, I had their load of coke zero/tee tee laundry to do.
Followed by cleaning out my car.
And, a stroller that needs to be de-coke zeroed.
Please tell me you've been there.
And, let's hope that our trip to the zoo tomorrow involves less drama and less liquids.

And, one more thing, if you want to see more photos, you can click any of the photos of the blog, and it will take you to my flickr page. There are lots more unpublished photos there...only if you're interested :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

OMG. i love it... i've been there. i'll call you tomorrow. maybe as i am frantically buying pullups and diapers and wipes for meet the teacher. tomorrow will beat me down, i can already feel it...

LIH said...

Have fun at the zoo! I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful day! Love the blog!

Karen said...

What a day!! We had fun with y'all though. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...