March 3, 2011

::craft:: Garden Tags

We needed tags for our garden, so I figured out a way for Miss Emma to help...
DSC_4313

I made my own tags on the computer, and let her do all of the coloring...
DSC_4311

She had a lot of fun coloring all of the fruits and veggies. I found the black and white clip art online from goodness knows where and cranked out about 25 of these suckers. Then, I cut them out and had them laminated for about three bucks.
DSC_4312

While we colored, Buddy ate his staples: turkey, cheese, and dried cranberries or raisins.
DSC_4322

Sometimes he's sad...
DSC_4320

Sometimes he's silly...
DSC_4323

And, sometimes he's happy. But he always has pretty blue eyes and will always share his kisses.
DSC_4325

My first attempt at getting our little tags in the ground was super unsuccessful. I tried popsicle sticks glued to the backs of the tags. Our wind blew them away. Then I tried popsicle sticks stapled to the tags. The stapler split the popsicle stick. So, I ended up taping (with packaging tape) a horseshoe-shaped piece of wire to the back of each tag...which has worked! Our garden ended up looking like this...
DSC_4349

I hope something ends up growing here...
DSC_4352
If you would like to make the garden tags, but want minimal effort, email me and I will send you the Microsoft Word attachment. You can change the names of the veggies if you need to. I know I have Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Broccoli, Jalapeno, Serrano, Sweet Red Pepper, Sweet Yellow Pepper, Squash, Zucchini, several types of Lettuce, Tomato, and Cucumber. I have tags for my herbs too, but those don't have photos to color :)

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...