March 5, 2011

hat trick

Rob taught Emma what a hat trick was in soccer...three goals in one game. mistake. So, if you know Emma, you know that's that what she set out to do.
DSC_4289

Remember, I told you that the weather was beautiful for practice? Well 48 hours later for her big FIRST game, we pulled a Texas....it was freezing, windy beyond belief, and about to pour.
DSC_4295

We showed up for the game. Late. Freezing. Couldn't find a parking spot. She was so excited, but freezing to death. So I took my fleece off and gave it to her. My fleece=fleece dress for Miss Emma. We were doing our best.
DSC_4293

I'll be keeping it real for the remainder of this post. Emma played about half the game, and then, she pretty much quit. seriously.
DSC_4296

She wanted to score a hat trick, which she calls a bunny trick, but it wasn't working out exactly how she had planned. Have I ever told y'all that I love a baby in a hood?
DSC_4297

Like, I think that's one of my favorite things ever....
DSC_4299

So sweet & snuggly. And, quite the trooper that day, might I add.
DSC_4304

So, let's just say that wind+rain+freezing cold+first game ever+hat trick+a little girl who hasn't played soccer her entire life=a little bit of frustration on game day. If you are new to this whole parenting thing and your child decides to play soccer, you might just wanna keep that whole hat trick thing to yourself.
DSC_4305

In my hubby's defense, he was just trying to teach Emma everything he could about soccer...I think it was one of those parenting moments, where you say, "dang, if I could have done that differently, I sure would have."

I think I have one of those moments everyday.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Go Emma!! Maybe there is a hat trick in her future! =)

Jenn said...

Thanks Karen! We'll settle for just one goal :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...