October 15, 2009

We Said Our Goodbyes

Our "Monty" is gone now. I loved her very much. She was the very first car that Rob and I bought together, on our one year wedding anniversary, and she served us very well. We kept her for a long time, and I hated to see her go. She even brought Emma home from the hospital. I know, I know, I will stop now.
This is Monty's replacement. Let's call her Mrs. XL. I was very excited, and Emma was too, until we drove away from the dealership without the Monty.
Emma burst into tears. "I'm going to miss her, Momma." Rob and I told her that the Monty would get a new home with a new little girl-one that would love her very much.

Several days later, after I had enjoyed my adult music, I popped in Emma's favorite CD. I looked in my rearview mirror, she smiled, and said, "You've got that in here?"

I think she thought that everything in the car was gone for good...the music, the toys, the stroller, etc. Since we added everything back to the new car, I think she likes her.

Mrs. XL and I are friends for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a too cute a story, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...