November 24, 2009

Road Trip for Turkey Day

We left our home the Monday before Thanksgiving and made our way to see family. Emma had headphones and plenty of movies, so let's just say we were ALL happy at least for most of the time-we always have our moments.
We spent plenty of time outside...the animals came too.
She rode her tricycle, and I attempted to get her photo.
She was having so much fun.
She looked for acorns.
And found lots of them.
On Tuesday night, we met my very good friend Stephanie and her family for dinner at Joe T. Garcias. Emma enjoyed the chips.
She also had a blast with Ethan. If only we lived closer...
Although I rarely see my friend, Stephanie, I talk to her on the phone ALL the time. Let's just say we go "way back," and I wish I could see her more often. We haven't see each other since her wedding...Emma was 8 weeks old...shameful.
This was our second attempt at a group shot. Group shots are impossible with toddlers.
Emma enjoyed her time with Grandmother. Emma asked for eggs for lunch. I gave her a funny look, and Grandmother said, "Let me fix them for you." Can we say rotten?
Here's one with Emma, Grandmother, and Papa. Emma LOVES the cane.
And, of course, Rob with his grandparents. We couldn't convince Emma to join in.
We met my sister and Dillon for dinner at Papadeaux on another night. They just bought their first house, so we got to see that too. It was so cute.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we were surrounded by lots of family. Unfortunately, I quit taking photos on Wednesday night, so this is all prego wrote.
Our Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous, and we enjoyed our stay at Grandmother & Papa's house. We are grateful that they let us take over their house for a few days :)

Rob and I have a lot to be thankful for. My list could go on for days, but for starters, we have a healthy little girl and a healthy (so far) baby boy on the way. Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours. May we all reflect on our many blessings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...