October 18, 2010

eight months old!

Looking back at the past month, here are some important things to note...

I am late on writing this post, so please know that the date posted should be 10.18.10, and that I will change it later :)
  • Carson said "Mama!" on 9.21.10. So, I won! Well, not really, but Emma said "Dada" LONG before she ever dreamed of saying "Mama," so you can imagine my excitement. Along with "Mama," Carson says, "Wa-Wa" and "Ba-Ba."
  • Carson cracks up at Emma now. Really, he does. They laugh together constantly, which is so fun to listen to.
  • He enjoys watching Emma.
  • When we go up and down the stairs, and Emma is ahead of us, he laughs.
  • Or, if I go down the stairs, and kind of jiggle him about, he just giggles. He's fun :)
  • Carson objects now if you take something away from him. Miss Emma has had a lesson or two on sharing.
  • He nurses roughly every four hours at 7, 11, 3, between 7 and 8 which is just before bed, and the dream feed around 10 pm. Naps are typically 9 or 9:30 am to 11 am, and 1 pm to 3 pm. On a good day, he gets solids after his 7 am and 11 am feeding, and sometime around our dinner.
  • I plan to work on cutting out the dream feed next month.
  • He LOVES to eat. I. am. not. kidding. Oh my, can this baby eat. Okay, really, he is still eating his homemade baby food, (oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, sweet potatoes, etc.), but we have added some finger foods, like cheese, cheerios, avocado, grapes, apples, banana, and tomatoes. He shovels it in y'all.
  • And, he loves water :)
  • He has been sitting up for a while now, but now he can really sit up, as in sit up for an entire bath...without falling over.
  • He obviously can roll, but still chooses not to, most of the time. He still prefers his back over any other position, and he still has somewhat of a flat head to prove it. :)
  • He is one laid back little fellow.
  • He LOVES his paci.
  • For the most part, he is still very much a baby. And, I am ever so grateful for this.
  • As far as favorite things go, he loves all things non-toy, such as cell phones, remotes, my necklaces, my bracelets, and water bottles.
  • I brought Emma's toy piano downstairs recently, and he has enjoyed it so much. He also loves soft blocks, his links, rattles, stuffed animals, and Sophie the Giraffe.
  • Just for my documentation, he is still in a size 3 huggies little movers diaper, and 90% of the clothes he is wearing are 12 months. Although, 6-9 months still fit too.
  • He rarely cries, but is definitely capable.
  • He has no teeth, yet.
  • And, is a little squeezer. He squeezes my skin when he's nursing or when I'm holding him.
  • It's sweet.
  • And he's sweet.
  • And, I don't want him to grow.
And, since no post is complete without a photo, here's Carson, eating raspberries... DSC_2184

I told you he liked to eat :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...