February 17, 2011

He got a bath first.

And, then we let him hang out with us. A bath first, because if you know me at all, you know I'm a germ freak. So, stuffed animal+kids+different home every weekend=gross in my book. We started by making homemade strawberry cupcakes for Emma's playdate/Carson's real birthday.
DSC_3906

I'm talking about Patch. He's the "mascot," if you will, for Emma's preschool class, and it was her turn to bring him home. She was so, so excited. We wrote in the journal and the whole bit. I really thought Emma was going to cry when we had to send him back to school. She's funny like that.
DSC_3896a

So, Emma had a new friend for the weekend, and Carson, well, he's pulling up now. yikes!
DSC_3912



And, Emma's little seeds from her Mama C. are growing like weeds. Seeds and weeds, they rhyme. And yes, we are still rhyming on an hourly basis.
DSC_3915

I couldn't help but remember that on this day one year ago, we were all super anxious. and super scared. and just hoping for the best. And, then, one year later, we are baking cupcakes. Life's so unpredictable, isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...