August 7, 2011

Are Y'all Still With Me?

Oh my heavens folks! I know it's been a while. I think I need a pardon from y'all...one for my most recent hiatus!

I can't quite put a finger on my reasons for my disappearance, but this one definitely comes to mind...
DSC_6122

He's busy. He's quick. And he's a little naughty.

He's so, so sweet too. But, he's at that in-between age where...

a. mentally, he knows what he wants.
b. physically, he wants to do everything miss e does, but
c. he's lacking both the verbal and motor skills to make the above two happen

This can lead to...

fit throwing.
check.
and one tired momma.
check.
DSC_6124

Rob's been gone too, which is just plain hard. There's no other way to put it. He's spent the last two weeks in San Antonio for new job training. And the kiddos miss him terribly, especially this one...
DSC_6136

She is a daddy's girl. We're counting down the days until Daddy comes home, so to help pass the time, we worked super hard on a special "welcome home daddy" sign.
DSC_6135

I thought I would get all caught up on the blog while he was gone, but it didn't exactly go that way. By the end of the day, I was pretty much spent. I spent plenty of evenings tidying up the house, with the possibility of a showing looming over my head.
DSC_6138

A showing while flying solo is never any fun, and I still have two more weeks of this single parenting thing ahead of me :)

We've spent some time at the splash pad, outside, at the yogurt shop, and at the gym, but we are really just waiting on Daddy to come home.

It's not all bad. We are blessed for sure...blessed for the health of our children and blessed for the new job.

It's just different and kind of hard to explain to a four year old and a one year old. I'm sure you've all been there.

Promise to be back soon.

hugs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...