December 23, 2009

It's My Birthday

and I can cry if I want to...

So, I really do feel like crying. I am still sick, and not just a little sick...miserable! Which wouldn't normally be the end of the world. right?

Well, when your birthday is two days before Christmas, and you have an excited little three year old at home, being sick on your birthday presents a few problems.

I was devastated. Christmas comes once a year, and I was praying that I would be well to enjoy the magic with my little munchkin. So, I put a smile on my face and tried really hard to pretend that I felt wonderful.

We started the night with a card and a gift...
DSC_8388.JPG
Then, we loaded up and headed to The Aquarium. Emma was so excited!
DSC_8395.JPG
My one wish for my birthday was to feel better, and since that hadn't come true quite yet, my second choice was a photo of our whole family. I just love them!
DSC_8396.JPG copy
While we dined, we enjoyed the scenery. Sea turtles are my favorite.
DSC_8400.JPG
Emma enjoyed the fish.
DSC_8401.JPG
After dinner, we rode the train into shark tunnel.
DSC_8410.JPG
Then, we headed to the carousel.
DSC_8416.JPG
Emma chose to ride the dolphin, and I got to ride with her. Her eyes truly sparkle when she rides a carousel.
DSC_8434.JPG
We headed home for dessert. It was some sort of chocolate truffle dessert, covered in powdered sugar. And when we blew out the candles, the powdered sugar went everywhere!
DSC_8437.JPG
My birthday was wonderful thanks to my sweet hubby and one fun little girl. What would I do without them?

1 comment:

The Shavers Family said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well but Happy Birthday [belated]!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...