January 21, 2010

She's all grown up now...

Okay, so maybe it's the pregnancy hormones or the fact that I am about to have another baby, but it has been so obvious lately that she's all grown up now.
DSC_8687

Emma would tell you that, "she's all growed up." She reminds me of this multiple times a day now.
DSC_8670

Here she is. This photo is really and truly Emma. Emma and Tigg, of course. Since Emma got her big girl bed, she has had a "childproof" doorknob on the door in her bedroom. We did this because we didn't want her wandering the house at night unattended and falling down the stairs. Some people thought this was nuts, but it always made sense to me. When she was in her crib, she couldn't get out of it on her own, we always knew where she was, she was never in danger, and if there was a fire, we would just have to go get her. The same rules applied to putting the childproof knob on her door. Once we moved her to her big girl room, she never tried to come out. Why would she? She knew that she had never been able to leave her room before, and she would just be put back into bed. When she woke up, she would always just call for us to come get her...
DSC_8691

Well, I guess a growing belly changes things. I had visions of me nursing the new baby and Emma calling me to come get her out of bed. I decided that any changes that I planned to make should be made long before our little fellow made his debut, so, I took the doorknob cover off. And you guessed it right, it totally freaked me out.
DSC_8698

I explained to her that when she woke up in the morning, she could just come downstairs. It took a couple mornings for it to sink in, but she's got it down now. She is so "growed-up" now that she will even turn on her own bedroom light, let herself out of her room to go potty, wash her hands, and tuck herself back in bed. Sounds great, right?
DSC_8705
Well, I guess you would call it bittersweet. It is great, but kind of sad too. I feel like she just grew up...overnight. On the plus side, I don't have to climb the stairs quite as often, while being humongo pregnant. And, I even laid out her clothes for her last night and told her to get dressed before coming downstairs. She appeared in my bathroom, while I was getting dressed at 7:45 this morning~dressed and ready for the day. I couldn't believe my eyes. Only someone that had been a mother to young children would truly appreciate this accomplishment.

So, there you have it. The latest on Miss Emma. After I explained to her that her baby brother wouldn't eat all of her eggs & toast and wouldn't take all of her toys (yes, she told me all of this on her own), she has been so excited about Baby Carson. I am sure that we will have our challenges, but for now we are all very excited.

Emma gets herself out of bed, dresses herself, lets herself to the potty, gets back in bed, and talks about her new baby brother all of the time. I for one am hoping for best...

For more randomness, I did finally open my new lens. I love it and took the above photos with it. And, after my doctor's appointment next week, I will post any pregnancy news that I may have. My due date was one month from yesterday....yikes!

Please keep us in your prayers as the whole labor and delivery thing will always stress me out. I am hoping for a healthy baby boy~preferably one that comes on his own and is not delivered via c-section. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

maybe it is the hormones... but i am totally crying...

The Shavers Family said...

Awww... such a great post! I, too have noticed recently that Emily seems really "growed-up" and she is constantly telling me she's "a big girl now, like a grown up!". :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...