September 10, 2010

F-O-U-R

It was Emma's big birthday weekend.
DSC_1599

We kept it super low key this year, which is oh so hard for me to do. I even let Miss E pick out her own plates :)
DSC_1593

We ordered pizza for dinner, which was her request.
DSC_1600

And, then I let the girls make dirt cups.
DSC_1620

It was a slumber party. And, it was both of the girls' first. one. ever. They swam and ate twizzlers too.
DSC_1626

We all hung out in the front yard.
DSC_1621

It's obviously still hot here. Cooler weather, c'mon!
DSC_1638

Buddy is so much fun :)
DSC_1632

Mama C. arrived to join in on the celebrating. Emma was soooooo excited .
DSC_1640

After swimming, baths came next. Note to self: shaving cream + food coloring = super cheap fun for little girls.
DSC_1642

They had a blast. Let's just say that there were several towels involved in the clean up.
DSC_1643

I brought Miss E home a balloon bouquet. I followed suite with the princess theme.
DSC_1656

Her cake was a fruit pizza, and the raspberries disappeared so very fast.
DSC_1581

A yellow bow of course, because her favorite color is yellow.
DSC_1658

I wonder what she wished for...
DSC_1663

After fruit pizza, the girls had strawberry milk and watched The Princess and the Frog. Thanks Aunt Lindy and Uncle Dill!
DSC_1670

I let them stay up late. It was a special day :) Normal bedtime is 8:30, so I think they were put to bed around 10 or 10:30. I thought they would fall right to sleep. I. was. wrong. I am pretty sure that the sugar plums didn't dance until after midnight, and at 5 am, when Carson woke for his paci, I heard them chatting through the door :) So, bright and early the next morning, Emma asked for blackberry pancakes. They are her favorite.
DSC_1673

She loves pancakes.
DSC_1678

Emma's best friend had to leave pretty early, so it left just Emma to do arts and crafts with Mama C. They painted their own zoo, while Rob and I ran out to buy Miss E her birthday gift from us.
DSC_1681

It was a new bike. "A big girl bike" she would tell you.
DSC_1690

She was super excited.
DSC_1692

Can you tell?
DSC_1697

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh goody! i am glad the bath tub "paints" worked!! she's so cute and grown up looking. i love it!!

The Shavers Family said...

I can't believe four years has literally flown by and I cherish them all for so many reasons, one of which was sharing our pregnancies and Emma and Emily's lives thus far. ;)

Happy Birthday, Emma!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...