September 7, 2010

the big first day

It was Emma's very first day of school. Here she is just before we headed out the door...
DSC_1531

And, here's another. She looks so innocent in this photo. She's not. She has broken 3 of my 4 bathroom soap dispensers in the past month, and there was a big water/soap/mom needs to clean the entire bathroom mess. No wonder I feel like I can't get anything done. Although, I do love her with all that I am.
DSC_1540

Buddy helped Rob work while I took Emma's photos.
DSC_1541

She really, really loves him.
DSC_1553

We tried again for a quick family photo. No success with Buddy yet :)
DSC_1557

Rob followed us to her school and gave her one big kiss just before the big drop off. She did great and had a wonderful first day.
DSC_1560

While she was gone, I worked on this...
DSC_1565

It is a block that had to be decorated "all about emma."
DSC_1566

Kind of nuts that the one day she heads off to school, I'm at home working on a school project for her....
DSC_1567

On the flip side, I do enjoy this sort of stuff, and she gets to keep it as a memory. Remember last year's?
DSC_1568

When each student returns to class with their block, they have a class set of blocks to play with for the year. I thought it was pretty clever. On their birthday, they share their block with the class, which is why I had to kick it into high gear. I think Miss Emma has the first birthday in the whole class.
DSC_1569

Emma showed her teacher her block, and Miss Emma's only comment about the block was...
DSC_1570
"I have a Mommy C." :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will seriously cry when she goes to kindergarten... and i'll worry all day long. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...