September 18, 2010

he's seven months now.

And to be quite honest, once I figured it out, I cried. Where oh where has the time gone? Let me recap myself to help with the mommy brain you on the past month.....

My little buddy's schedule is always a great place to start...
7 am~Wake and Nurse
9 am-11 am~Morning Nap
11 am~Nurse and Baby Food, usually one or two cubes
1 pm-3 pm~Afternoon Nap/aka the Holy Hour at my house where both children are asleep :)
3 pm~Nurse and if I've got it together (which I usually don't), I feed him baby food again
7 pm~Bathtime
7:30 pm~Nurse and to bed. Yes, he still sleeps swaddled, in a sleep sack, with his so loved paci.
10:00 pm~Dream Feed
DSC_1816

Morning wake up is a little sketchy. Sometimes I hear him at 5 or 6 am. I go in, give him his paci, sometimes reswaddle, and hope that he goes back to sleep.

In the evening, he can be a little fussy, especially if his afternoon nap isn't quite up to par. If I'm running errands, sometimes he'll crash for a quick catnap in the car, around 5 or 5:30.

As for his skills, he can roll over, but usually chooses not to. He can sit up now, but I can't leave him sitting alone. He would fall over :)

As for the baby food, he seems to like it so much more than Miss E did. So far, he has had avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash, peas (which he doesn't like), carrots, applesauce, peaches, pears, bananas, and baby oatmeal. We have had kind of an odd issue with bananas, so I am limiting (not eliminating) them for now, trying to figure out what's going on. He also eats Baby Mum-Mums, Organic Puffs, and drinks water from a sippy cup, well sort of anyway.

He babbles now, and Emma just laughs. Ba-ba-ba and wa-wa-wa are his two faves.

Size wise, he is wearing a size 3 diaper, some of his 3-6 month clothes, but also some of his 6-9, 9-12, and 6-12 month clothes fit too.

His favorite toy is my Target bag of wipes. They crinkle and he just loves that. He also loves bath time and anything that lights up. All things aside, he would rather be held than anything else.

I can sit him in his bumbo, next to his big basket of toys, and he will be content for quite a while. He will eventually empty out the entire basket, one toy at a time. It's neat to watch him explore.

I recently got a new sling. I can throw it on over my head in a flash, and Carson just loves it. He sits on my right hip and won't say a word. So, so happy.

No teeth yet, but teething for sure. Some days are just miserable.

I have enjoyed our little buddy so much. He smiles all the time and has a wonderful laid back personality. Emma can make him laugh like no one else can. He just cracks up at her. She is pretty entertaining, so I can see why he is so amused :) The past six months have been so much fun...too fast, but still so, so fun.
DSC_1820

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...